Tuesday 17 January 2012

How many will my babies will my guppies have?

Q. I'm new to keeping fish and have just got my tank all setup and running about a month ago, last weekend I went and bought some really cool looking guppies that have awesome colors and patterns running through them. I got a good ratio which I read a lot about, I've got 2 males and 6 females which I hope is ok. What I want to know is how many babies will my female guppies have when they give birth?

A. Thanks for getting in touch with me, i'm really pleased that you have taken the plunge into fish keeping, it really is a great hobby to have and guppies are the best fish you can keep in my opinion, they look fantastic. With regards to your question the answer can vary dramatically and depends on a few factors like the size of the female, her age and the condition of her health but to give you a rough answer guppies can have from anywhere between 15-100 babies. Usually the amount of babies they have increases as they get older, I hope this information helps you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment